JT Studios is a New Orleans area recording studio with superb acoustics, premium equipment, and experienced staff.
JT (Jonathan Treeby), principal owner and manager, has enjoyed a lifetime of music: performance, directing, arranging, and talent coaching. He has performed on major concert tours and appeared on national television. As an audio engineer, JT’s professional experience includes 30+ years of studio production, radio, television, and teaching. He is also an instructor of Audio Recording at the University of New Orleans in the Fall (MUS 4106/5106).
What People Say About Us
– “JT is a true professional and fantastic in his industry. We made three very important recordings and his expertise helped us get a true recording of our talented kids. However, we didn’t only get a great recording of our kids, the students learned so much about how focus and professionalism and their musicality and ensemble playing stepped up to another level after the experience of recording in the studio. Thanks JT! I highly recommend JT Studios for recording any type of group. He is a top notch professional that will give you every bit of his focus and energy to make your recording experience special.” Lee Hicks, (Director of Bands at Fountainbleu High School) – Mandeville, LA
– “Jonathan Treeby and JT Studios are an amazing combination of character and setting for music. They get my highest recommendation for any honest artist planning to create a great project. JT and JT Studios have moved themselves to the front line of Louisiana music, … we will certainly see JT and his studio grow by and by to be the vehicle for many more artists on all levels. My band and I received the highest level of guidance and production we could imagine. The studio’s facilities, equipment, and organization are great; the studio’s vibe keeps an untroubled energy. JT has an extremely keen understanding of music, backed by wisdom and interest. I am extremely satisfied with my project at JT Studios, and I am excited to bring my next project to Jonathan and the studio.” Tyler Kinchen (Singer, Songwriter, Keyboard Player & Bandleader of Tyler Kinchen & the Right Pieces) – Ponchatoula, LA
– “New Orleans area musicians: A couple days ago I recorded some pieces for the American Viola Society in a studio new to me in Mandeville. I’ve recorded in several N. O. studios and have often been disappointed. The studio in Mandeville was a real surprise—a great space acoustically with excellent equipment (including some pretty out of the way stuff), a nice piano and an engineer who is easy to work with and knows what he’s doing. If you need to do some recording, you’d really do yourself a favor to make the trip across the lake to JT’s studio.”Scott Slapin (Violist, Composer, Instructor) – formerly of New Orleans, LA
– ”J.T., the tracks are awesome. It is such a pleasure to work with you … You know what to do, you know how to work with everyone. Your knowledge is untouchable. All the guys (other band members) were floored. … just trying to let you know how much I appreciate you, your knowledge, & your person…”Warner Williams (Keyboard Player for Irma Thomas and Others) – New Orleans, LA
– “Great working with you again Jonathan. The new JT Studios is beautiful. You did a fantastic job of engineering.”John Autin – “The New Orleans Piano Man” (Vocalist, Producer, Songwriter, Record Label Executive) – New Orleans, LA
– “My 17 year old daughter, Anna, has taken two sound production classes at JT Studios, and she is currently taking voice lessons. It’s hard to describe just how much she has enjoyed and benefited from these classes and from her relationship with JT.
The studio itself is so impressive. Who would have guessed that a state of the art sound production studio like this could be found in Mandeville! As a producer, JT is an artist who knows his craft inside and out. He is personable, approachable, and passionate about his work. Students are immediately drawn into his enthusiastic love of music and of the culture and history that surround it. He is able to effortlessly instruct and direct students to artists and pieces that will resonate with their own particular interests and style. It is one thing to teach technique and skills but it is something quite unique to be able to energize a pupil and foster in them a love for the creative process. That happens in this studio.” Jan Dicks – Mother of Anna, Our Student – Mandeville, LA
– “Working with JT has helped me personally, not just with vocal skills, but by giving me confidence in my voice. This has, in turn, given me courage to get up and put myself out there when opportunities presented themselves.
I have learned so much from production class at the studio; things like microphones, (and other studio equipment), … using the tools of the trade. The opportunity that I had to work with a team of students recording a song was nothing short of exhilarating! Then, hearing the professional quality of the finished piece and knowing that it was me singing, was totally amazing.” Anna Dicks – Student – Mandeville, LA
– “Hey my brother!! … it was a great pleasure working with someone as awesomely talented as yourself!!!!! I can do good work when it’s such a great atmosphere as you have made there.” Waylon Thibodeaux – (www.waylont.com) – Houma, LA
– “(Recorded) yesterday at JT Studios in Mandeville. 1st class place. The owner/engineer is very talented with a great ear… The Yamaha C3 grand might be the best piano I ever played in my life.” Janson Lohmeyer, (keyboard player from the Waylon Thibodeaux band & The Bonoffs) – New Orleans, LA
– “G’day JT, We all had a great day, and loved the sound you pulled for us., Thanks – Kev!.” Kevin “Bloody” Wilson – (International Comedian, Singer/Songwriter, TV Host of “Rhythms and Roots”) – Australia
– “To JT Studios: Thanks for a professional work environment with great gear, great acoustics and great people. JT, you’ve got the best ears …. I look forward to working there again.” Brian “Breeze” Cayolle (Saxophonist – Elvis Costello, Allen Toussaint, Others) – Memphis, TN
-“a very clean sound.” “One of the nicest Yamaha pianos I’ve ever played.” “…a real jazz studio …” Michael Jefry Stevens (Jazz Pianist, Bandleader) – New York, NY
-“Really easy going. The recording process was trouble-free and very professional.” “Very knowledgeable.” “He (JT) has good ears. Could tell when something is going wrong with the feel.” Mike Assad (Percussionist, Drummer, Instructor) – Memphis, TN
-”Jonathan (JT) is a great producer and engineer. He is highly committed to our project and worked very hard to make us sound our best.” Paul Rolinski (Guitarist, Songwriter, Bandleader) – Covington, LA
– “JT and JT Studios are the best in the business. I would HIGHLY recommend this fine recording studio to anyone, anywhere! The expertise, creativity, results and personality is what makes it so great. If you’re looking for recording studio and need a professional to get the job done right, then stop looking! JT Studios is where it’s at!” Ben Kirk (ChurchMusic Director, Recording Artist) – Memphis, TN
– “I auditioned and was accepted into the 2010 Interlochen Trumpet Institute, all thanks to JT. My time in the studio with him was nothing short of fabulous and the quality of my audition recording was phenomenal. Thanks again, JT!!!” Katie Kelly (Student of Instrumental Performance, Class of 2015, MTSU) – Murfreesboro, TN
– “I had a completely phenomenal recording day! You (JT) really made it so. Your ear for tone, pitch, balance, rhythm, and musicality really helped to bring out the best in me. My nervousness was minimal due in a large part to your patient and relaxing manner. Amazingly for me, I can say that I actually had fun!” Deborah Goppelt (Classical Harp and Piano) – Baton Rouge, LA
-“JT has all the skills needed to turn anyone into a better musician or singer. His wealth of knowledge and experience will shine through on any recording project.” Johnny Schmelling (Singer, Songwriter) – Mandeville, LA
-“JT is highly experienced and always brings a professionalism to all of his work. Being so detail oriented, he works to create an amazing sound from start to finish and takes a tremendous amount of pride in anything he touches. He doesn’t do things half-way and always give constructive criticism to help create a better final product.” Kurt Roberts (Musical Equipment Rep., Guitarist, Songwriter, Bandleader) – Metairie, LA
-“I have known Jonathan (JT) for many years now and have worked with him on several projects. He is one of high morals and integrity. That is rare for someone with great talent as well. He is a great engineer as well as a great musician/arranger. I would recommend him highly. I just wish he lived closer to me so we could work more together…” Michael Everett (Recording Studio Owner, Independent Film Producer, Multi-instrumentalist, Entrepreneur) – Turlock, CA
-“”Hey JT! Just wanted to say the track and album you helped me master are going viral! Got lots and lots of views and fans… Just wanted to say thanks again for mastering the album, and thank you for teaching me how to better record my music. Wouldn’t be what it is without your help…” Daniel Boxx (JT’s Studio Engineering Student and Mastering Client, Multi-Instrumentalist, Songwriter, Singer, and DIY Home Recording Artist) – New Orleans, LA